Saturday, November 8, 2008

First November Outdoor Run

I guess I didn't keep my resolution -- I have not been running very much the last few weeks. I did get on the treadmill a few times. It's just been so busy. I know that's not a very good excuse, because when I'm busy I'm usually more stressed, and that's when I really need to run! Plus, I've put on about 4 pounds, and I need to get that off.

Today was a chilly, windy, wet morning, but I decided I really wanted to run outside. The annual Turkey Trot is in less than three weeks, so I figure I need to get used to running outside in the colder weather, anyway. It was about 40 degrees outside when I started, with a light drizzle. At least it is not snow - yet! I ran the back way to the high school and back as many streets are still torn up. I ran up the hill by my house and then did a short Riverside loop, and ran up the hill a second time. On the way out to the high school I was running into the wind, and about two miles into the run I started getting diaphragm cramps again. I just backed off my pace a bit and was able to recover. Most of the way back, except for the loops, I had the wind either at my back or at a side angle, so it wasn't as bad.

I ended up with 6.05 miles, so I feel good about that. I was a little cold and damp, but my weather gear did keep me mostly warm. This run was a good way to start my weekend.

Gotta run ...

No comments: