Saturday, October 25, 2008

It's been a long time

I didn't run at all this week, even on the treadmill, so it's been one week since I ran. I knew I needed to get up this morning and run. It rained all day yesterday, and is supposed to rain today, so I wasn't sure what to expect.

I woke up to a nice, sunny autumn morning. It was a little cool -- about 40 degrees out. I put on some of my cooler weather gear and went out the door. I wanted to stop at 2.5 miles, and I wanted to stop at 4 miles. But, I kept going and managed to get my 6 miles in -- actually 6.1. I didn't see any other runners/walkers, or even any wildlife this morning.

It's amazing what a week without running has done -- I felt so out of shape! But, also, I have not been eating very well this week, so that's probably a big part of it. I am determined to start eating better again this week, and I will run more, even if it's on the treadmill. No more taking a week off unless it's absolutely necessary!

Gotta run ...

No comments: