Saturday, October 18, 2008

Finally!

I finally was able to go outside and run. I've been using the treadmill during the week. I did buy some pepper spray yesterday, so I hope to start my morning runs again.

Today started rather emotionally. My son and his girlfriend broke up, and she and I talked this morning. It's hard, because we really felt close to her. But, these things happen. We will continue to spend time with her, though, as a family friend. So, I really, really needed a run today!

It is a beautiful Autumn day. It is the perfect temperature for running, the sun is shining, the air is clear. I ran the back way past the high school, Ginter Road loop, and then the back way home because no pedestrians are currently allowed on the Jefferson Street bridge. I didn't do the Riverside loop, but I did finish with the sprint up the hill. I ended up with 6.3 miles.

Now it's off to a soccer game, and then Band Spectacular.

Gotta run

No comments: