Saturday, October 11, 2008

First Annual Fountain to Fountain 5K Race for Women's Health

Today was the Fountain to Fountain 5K race in Defiance. It was a chilly start to the race. I let fashion overrule common sense, and I wore shorts instead of more practical long pants. Never again! But, I was all pink! Since it was run for women's health, and this is "think pink" month, I had to do it.

I was fine until about mile two. Then I started getting diaphragm cramps and I felt like I couldn't breath. I had to walk for a while, but then I was able to start running again and finish the race. I am still coughing and wheezing a bit -- I've probably got a touch of the virus that's going around my household.

I ended up with a time of 25:26, but I think the course was a little short. I ended up second in my age group, yet again. There is one runner I just can't beat. But, this time I was keeping up with her until I had the problems at mile two. Maybe some other time! I received a nice water container as a prize.

Now it's time to continue on with my busy weekend. It's supposed to be a beautiful one, so maybe I'll get out for a run tomorrow. I've been on the treadmill a few times this week, and it's just not the same (but it's better than not running at all).

Gotta run!

No comments: