Saturday, October 4, 2008

Beautiful, Chilly Fall Morning

I was finally able to get outside for a run. I did a few on the treadmill this week - UGH! But, I had a bad feeling the last few early morning runs, and somehow I don't quite feel safe right now. I've learned to trust my instincts.

It was a crisp morning when I started out -- under 40. I was careful not to overdress, though. I did wear my running gloves, because if my hands are cold, the rest of me stays cold.

I had to go the back way to the high school, then down Carter Road for a change (rather than the Ginter Road loop). Then I basically came back the same way, due to the road construction. I did run past the house so I could finish with the sprint up the hill.

It was a good run. I saw one other runner and a bicyclist, but the roads were fairly empty. It was a beautiful day, clear blue sky, and just the right temperature, once I got going. The sun was shining, and I feel much better. I ran the first 3.1 miles at a fairly good pace, trying to get ready for the 5K next Saturday.

If I can run as fast as I did today in training, I will post my fastest time ever for a 5K. But, I'm not counting on it. I don't sign up for races in anticipation of winning or running fast. My goal is always just to finish and to have some fun. I sign up because they usually benefit some charity (this next one is for Women's Health) and to keep me motivated. When I can afford to travel, a race also gives me an excuse to get out of town!

I may not post as much now, because I am NOT going to post my treadmill runs. Those would be so boring! Mainly -- well I went this far, at this pace, watching this recorded TV show or movie ...

Gotta run!

No comments: