Sunday, September 28, 2008

Sunday Run

I prefer to run in the morning, but I had too much to do today. First I waiting for my brother's call, which always makes me a little down. Then I had to work on bills - ugh. Finally I mowed the lawn. It was in dire need and the grass was fairly tall, making it more difficult.

It was 11:30 or so before I was able to leave. I took my water bottle with me since I knew that, even though it is the end of September, the run would be warm.

I started out the back way to the high school. I saw Mr. Keel mowing the lawn as I ran. There were actually quite a few people out mowing, so I was not alone in my yard work this morning. I then went a little ways down Carter Road, and the Ginter road loop. Since Jefferson is closed to pedestrian traffic, I had to go back up the big hill (I can't remember the name of the street right now), and basically the back way home. I did not do the Riverside loop because I was too tired and that would have added another couple of miles. I did end with the sprint up the hill by my house, though. I ended up with 7.32 miles. I would have liked to have gone 8, but my energy was gone. It's been a busy, stressful week, I was a bit upset today, and I'm more energetic when I do morning runs. Well, I also mowed the lawn, so that took some of my energy!

I feel better emotionally, but more tired than usual. When I'm tense, I carry it with me for part of the run, and that's more tiring. Now I'd like to take a nap -- but alas there is too much work to be done. So much for lazy Sundays!

Gotta run ...

No comments: