Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Running with a Migraine

I woke up with a migraine this morning. However, the last time I ran was Saturday, so I felt the need for a run. I didn't take any medication before I took off because I didn't want to upset my stomach any more than it already was.

It was a nice, crisp morning, around 55 degrees outside. I did the usual -- through town to Lowes parking lot, the mall parking lot, back through town to the Jefferson street bridge, the Riverside loop, and the sprint up the hill by my house. I was not the only crazy person out at 4:30 a.m. -- I saw one bicyclist, two walkers, and one other runner. I found my reflective vest harness and wore that today, so I'm sure I was quite a site -- harness, led lights on the hat, etc.

My headache is a little better after the run (but not my stomach), but I feel the need for a long nap. Unfortunately, work starts in about 20 minutes! And, I have too many projects going on so I can't miss any work. Maybe I'll get a nap in during lunch.

My pace was a little off this morning, most likely because of the headache. I still ended up with 6.5 miles, so I'll be better later.

Gotta run ...

No comments: