Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Tuesday Morning Run

Today was another early day. I really didn't want to get up, but since I hadn't run since Saturday I needed to run. I figured even a short run would be better than no run.

It was a little cool, so I wore a long sleeve shirt. I ran pretty much the usual early morning route. Since the Jefferson Street bridge is temporarily closed to pedestrians, I knew I couldn't do that short loop. So, I took an extra loop in the Lowe's parking lot, and a little larger loop in the mall parking lot. I then ran through town, down Jefferson a bit, and finished with the usual Riverside loop and the sprint up the hill.

I saw an elderly man walking downtown. When I was running back towards town, about at Circle K, I was startled at the sound of footsteps behind me. Another crazy fool was out running this morning, and he ran past me (and continued through town at a much faster pace). I don't keep my ipod so loud that I can't hear things like footsteps behind me.

I feel pretty good after the run, but a little more tired than usual. It's been very busy the last week or so. I ended up with 6.55 miles -- not bad when I didn't even really want to get up to run.

Gotta run ...

No comments: