Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Short recovery run

Today was the first time I ran since the 1/2 marathon on Sunday. I am still a little sore from pushing it that last mile or so, and I don't want to overdo it. Also, I stubbed my toe (clumsy me) on Monday night, and the end of it was still pretty discolored when I checked it out this morning.

It was fairly cool when I started out this morning -- in the upper 40's. After a few minutes, I was no longer chilly and it felt good to be out and running. I ran through town, Lowe's and Mall parking lot, and back home. I did not do any of the "loops" I normally do as my legs started to feel pretty tired, and Riverside is torn up (including in front of my driveway). And, I did see one other runner crazy enough to be out early this morning.

I ended up with 4.25 miles. My stubbed toe is now almost completely discolored, but it doesn't really hurt. I feel OK, just tired. Hopefully the run was enough to improve my mood!

Gotta run

No comments: