Saturday, September 13, 2008

Rainy Run

Since I hadn't run since Wednesday, I felt I needed to run today, for both physical and mental reasons. When I first woke up there were thunderstorms going through, so I contemplated getting on the treadmill. I went back to sleep and woke up about an hour later, and it was just raining.

I checked the radar, and it looked like there was a little break from the heavy rain and thunderstorms. So, off I went. It was a pretty steady rainfall the entire run. But, it was the perfect temperature, and really a nice morning for a run. I didn't want to venture too far from home in case the radar was a little delayed. I went the Ginter road loop, Riverside loop, the sprint up the hill by my house, plus a little doubling back to get 6.25 miles.

It was a good run. My legs felt good. A few days off from running probably helped me recover from Sunday's 1/2 marathon. The rain was not too hard, but hard enough to keep me cool. I saw a flock of wild turkeys while I was running on Ginter Road, and another runner, so I wasn't the only fool out there this morning!

What a great way to start my Saturday morning.

Gotta Run

No comments: