Saturday, September 20, 2008

Saturday Morning Run

I was finally able to run in the daylight! I started around 7:00 or so this morning. It was a little cool, around 55 degrees. There was a beautiful sunrise. The air was crisp. In other words, it was a great morning for a run.

I ran my usual early morning route -- through town, Lowe's and Mall parking lot, and out Jefferson Avenue. Since it was light, I went a little further than my usual weekday run. I went to the Baptist church, turned and went up Cleveland Avenue. Cleveland Avenue has a great hill. I was going to run by the high school, but I saw a bunch of people in the street -- I think there was some sort of walk today. So, I turned around and went back down Cleveland, back to the usual Riverside loop with the sprint up the hill, and home.

I felt good when I was finished. My hip was a little sore again, but that's something I think I'm just going to have to deal with. I need to make sure I keep up with my exercises to help my hip and legs. I've been neglecting to do them on a regular basis, and I can feel it!

I ended up with 8.50 miles, a great Saturday run. My stress level is definitely better after a good run like this.

Gotta run ...

No comments: