Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Another morning run

I'm trying to stick with my morning runs. Sometimes (well, most of the time) it is difficult to get up by 4:30 a.m. to get my run in, but I try. Anyway, today was another one of those days. I didn't run yesterday because my legs, especially my knees, were sore, so I knew I had to run today. I just need to make sure I don't want to overdo it before Sunday's race.

I went the usual morning route -- downtown, Lowe's parking lot, mall parking lot, back through town, Jefferson (just on the bridge as it was too dark to go all the way to the church), Riverside loop, and up the hill by my house.

Surprisingly this morning I did see other people out. I saw one runner around 5:00, then I saw a couple of people on bicycles and a few people out walking. I think today was the first time I have seen other people out and about on one of my early morning weekday runs.

I ended up with 6.5 miles. I want to take it easy the next few days and not over train or get injured. I did twist my ankle this morning - dang potholes -- but I'm icing and elevating it, and it should be OK.

Gotta run ...

No comments: