Thursday, May 19, 2016

Marathon Training in 3, 2, 1

I'm going to TRY to resurrect this blog.  I am training for my 9th marathon - the 20th Air Force Marathon in September.

This will be short entry.  I started my training today.  I am using Hansons Marathon Method, and I chose the beginners program.  Even though I have run several marathons, I want to try to actually stick with a training program and see how well I can do.  Thus, I decided to try one that I am more likely to follow and not encounter any injuries.

Today was a 3 mile easy run (the first few weeks are all easy runs).  I was amazed at  how an easy run today was at the same pace as a hard run was for me a few years ago.  I guess I am proof decline isn't a given for older runners, especially when they started late in life.

Gotta Run!

No comments: