Monday, September 5, 2016

Winding Down

I haven't updated this blog lately. Life has been busy!

We successfully moved the two kids to their respective schools.  As predicted, I got a lot of natural strength training during the moves.  We carried many boxes, pieces of furniture, etc.  Also I cleaned the house thoroughly after the moves, and that involved some stretching and lifting.

Another factor is that school has started.  Since I am teaching 12 credit hours, I'm basically working two full time jobs!  It's good that I enjoy both jobs.  As busy as I am, I try to keep my running as a priority.

Training has been going very well.  I made it through my third and final 20-mile run with no issues, no injuries :)  I think this is the first time I have completed all my 20-miles runs (and the other training runs) without injury.  I'm happy to report I have not missed a single run in this training cycle. I have rearranged a few, but not missed any.  My knee does hurt a bit after the longer runs, but it's not "clicking" and it's not causing me to change my stride, and I'm not experiencing any other unusual muscle pain.

I have missed some strength training.  At this point in the training cycle, I feel with the limited time I have, running is the priority.  I do a few push-ups, sit-ups, etc. as I have time, so I haven't completely abandoned the strength training.

I'm in taper mode now, having run my last longish run yesterday (8 scheduled miles turned into 10).  I added a half marathon into my training cycle, and that is coming up soon.  I will try to post an update afterwards.  I'm going to try to not race it, but use it as a tune up.  It's difficult to not compete, though! The marathon is six days after the half.  My main focus for these last two weeks is nutrition and keeping healthy.

No Excuses/Gotta Run

No comments: