Saturday, April 26, 2008

Late Night Run - 4/25/2008

I was out of town all week, in an unfamiliar area, so I did all of my running inside on a hotel treadmill. Ugh -- it was beautiful outside, but I just didn't feel safe running outside by myself.

I got back home too late last night to run. Besides, I had laundry and housework to catch up on. I slept in this morning (sleeping in for me means I didn't get up until almost 5:30 a.m.) and didn't have time for a run before work. I had to play catch up at work, so it was a busy day. Then, we had several teenagers over this evening (nothing unusual at our house). By the time everyone left and things settled down, it was after 10:30. I knew I needed a run and wouldn't have time in the morning, but it was so late. Then I took a step out the door. It was warm, breezy, springlike -- a perfect night for a run. I don't like to go alone, so I called my running partner. She was definitely ready for a run, too. She had been thinking about it, but didn't think I'd still be up (she was glad I called). We both needed one! So, off we went at close to 11:00 p.m.

It was a great run (really -- are there any runs that aren't great?). The weather was just right. For the first time this year I was comfortable, even warm, in shorts. The breeze kept me cool as I ran. We ran in town to be safe, and also I wear a hat that has lights on it. It was one of the best night-time runs I've had. We ran about 5.5 miles. When I got home I felt refreshed and ready to settle down for the night. But I remembered that I didn't post anything after my last run, so here I am catching up. And now it's almost 1:00 a.m. here, so ...

Good night!

No comments: