Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Wednesday Evening Run

It finally warmed up enough that I felt like running. I have not been very consistent, but it's probably better for my ankle anyway :) Ares and I have been taking many long walks, but I'm not logging those in this blog. We go for a long walk at least once a day; sometimes twice.

Ares has been very wound up today. I took him for a long walk at lunchtime (well, as long as I can in 1/2 hour). He was STILL very energetic, but it might have been partially due to those jelly beans he took! So, after getting everyone settled in for the evening, we took an early evening run.

We went the usual route -- the back way to the high school, Riverside loop, and the sprint up the hill by my house. He lost his energy about 1/2 way through the run, and we ended up with much walking the last mile or so (with some sprints -- especially if a bird or a car or any other moving thing came by). But, I think as long as we do something it's working towards me getting back in shape and getting him ready for running more with me as he grows. Now he's sleeping. We still ended up with 4.15 miles, so that's not too bad for a growing puppy. It's starting to cool down, so I decided to call it a night and not go for any run without Ares.

Gotta run ...

No comments: