Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Mid Week Run

I FINALLY was able to get in a mid-week run. I wanted to sleep in a bit (meaning until 5:30 a.m.), but the sound of the chainsaw, I mean Curt snoring, kept me awake, so finally I figured I might as well do something useful.

Ares was glad to get out for a run. It is a foggy morning. He doesn't like the dark, and I discovered he really, really doesn't like the dark when it is foggy. Several times he slowed when we came by a bush or a tree.

We didn't see any wildlife, but I'm sure it was out there. We heard some frogs as we ran a bit in Riverside Park. We didn't see any other runners. I guess even most runners are smart enough to stay off the roads when it is dark and foggy. But it was a nice, cool morning, perfect for running (except that my glasses kept fogging up).

Anyway, we got in a decent run. We ended up with almost 3.7 miles. We would have gone longer, but I thought I needed to get the kids up for school. Alas, there is a two hour delay.

Gotta run ...

1 comment:

Eric N Bell said...

Good for you! Keep it up. And, I think it was nice of Curt to help motivate you.