Saturday, September 26, 2009

New Shoes

It's been over a year since I bought new running shoes, so this week I bought a new pair of Asics. Ares and I decided to try them out this morning.

We started a little late as I decided to try to sleep in (after getting up early and feeding the animals). We started out our usual Riverside route, forgetting that YMCA soccer has started. The park was packed and the road was busy! So we went out Jefferson after finishing with Riverside, and we turned left at the church instead of turning around. It was the opposite direction, but basically the same run as the "back way to the high school".

We didn't see much wildlife. As we were crossing the Jefferson Street bridge, Ares and I both heard some birds on our left and turned to look. I turned back to watch where we were going, and luckily Ares didn't, or he would have chased after the black cat that ran across the street in front of us. There were a few walkers and bikers out.

All and all it was an OK run. The new shoes worked out well. My knee hurts, but I think the new shoes help reduce the strain. Now I need to go back and get a second pair.

We ended up with 3.80 miles. As I am recovering from being sick, I didn't want to push it too much anyway.

Gotta run ...

No comments: