Thursday, September 10, 2009

Short Unplanned Run

Due to the injuries I've had this year, I had decided that I would not run two days in a row. Well, this morning, after being awake most of the early morning, I figured I might as well get up. I decided a short run would be OK.

I fed the dogs and cats and got ready to go. Ares was a little unsure. He lagged behind at the beginning where he usually is sprinting. Finally he started running. We went the short Riverside loop with a few detours, and ended with the usual sprint up the hill. Towards the end Ares didn't want to run, so I ended up pulling him some!

We didn't see any wildlife, but I'm sure it was out there. By one dark field, Ares started pulling and wanted to go explore. I could tell he was on the scent of something. It was a little bit disconcerting. It was probably a deer, but in the darkness I was imagining something more dangerous.

It was a short run -- only 2.65 miles, but not bad for an unplanned run. My knee started to hurt towards the end, so we didn't push it at all.

Gotta run ...

No comments: