Sunday, October 11, 2009

Sunday Run

I wasn't going to run today. I had all the usual excuses -- I was tired, it was too cold outside, I was too achy, and, most of all, I did not have the time. The time is becoming a big issue. Since I have started working back in the office, the extra time it takes me (driving, getting more dressed up for work, packing lunch, etc.) is about the same time I used to be able to spend running.

But, I had promised Ares a run, so I finally gave in and went. It was a bit chilly, so I dug out my ear warmers and gloves. We ran the Riverside loop, extended it to the Jefferson Street bridge, out past the high school, and then home. By the time we got back to Riverside Park, Ares was more than ready to get a drink from the drinking fountain. Of course we ended with the sprint up the hill.

We saw a few squirrels during our run. At the beginning of the run, when Ares still had a lot of energy, he tried to chase after one or two of them. By the end of the run, he barely noticed them. At one point we could hear something rustling in the woods. I assumed it was a deer, but we kept on going.

We ended up with 4.55 miles. I hope to run a time or two during the week, but time becomes an issue. At least I get one run in a week. And I walk every day. I guess that's better than nothing!

Gotta run ...

No comments: