Saturday, October 31, 2009

Two Week Break

I imposed a two-week break on my running after waking up several mornings in a row with extreme aching from my knee to my ankle. And, Ares had a sore on the bottom of his foot. However, we have not been completely idle as Ares and I have been taking many long, brisk walks. But, today was the first day running after that break.

It was a nice Fall morning. Ares was so excited when he saw me with my running clothes on. After I got him on his leash, he took off sprinting. We sprinted about two blocks before I was able to slow him down a little bit. Being a husky, he loves the cooler weather!

We ran past Riverside Park, out Jefferson, and almost to the hotel. And of course, as usual, we finished with the sprint up the hill. We saw one other runner and one walker. Ares let me take a few walk breaks, but not many. He was definitely in the mood to run today! He tried to chase one squirrel, but he was more interested in just running. The only time he really wanted to slow down was when some Canadian Geese flew overhead. He had to stop and watch them.

There were some difficult parts when the wind was blowing in my face. I had to make Ares stop so I could catch my breath. There were a few drops of rain on the way back, too. We ended up with 4.4 miles. I hope we can start to run a little more often now. I feel better when I run and Ares really enjoys it, too. Of course I have much work to do this afternoon, and Ares is taking a nap. And we'll see how well I can walk tomorrow after the sprinting today.

Gotta run ...

1 comment:

TexanInOK said...

Glad you are out running again.