Sunday, November 1, 2009

Slower, shorter run

Ares slept in this morning, so it was a little later when I got up. I don't know if he was tired from yesterday's walk, or it was all the excitement of Christopher's party last night that wore him out.

It was such a beautiful day when we finally got up that Ares and I couldn't resist. I don't want to risk re-injuring myself, but Ares wasn't content with a walk. So, off we went on a run. We went about the same route as yesterday, but not quite as far. And, he was not as energetic, so we didn't start out at a sprint.

We saw several squirrels on our journey. We also saw two other canines out exercising their owners. We kept it at a slower pace and he did let me walk some. We still ended up with a decent distance -- just over 4.1 miles. And I feel a little stiff, but so far no pain (well, a little mild discomfort, but I can live with that). Hopefully all will work out.

Now it's off to make some muffins, go grocery shopping, and enjoy the rest of this day.

Gotta run ...

No comments: