Saturday, November 28, 2009

Noontime Run

It's another beautiful Fall day. Ares and I left around noon for a run. We ran the Ginter road route. Along the way we saw two other runners. One was on the way back. Ares started following him and was trying to be lead dog.

I was a little sore from the Turkey Trot, but all and all it was a good run -- until we got back to Riverside Park on the way home. Ares spotted a squirrel. I saw it first, and I thought I had enough of a grip on him. I was wrong. He pulled so hard I started falling. All these thoughts were going through my head such as "my knees are going to hurt when I hit" and "I'll ruin these nice running pants". Just as I was about to hit the ground, Ares ran up the embankment, essentially pulling me up to a standing position without ever hitting the ground (yes, I held on very tightly to him throughout the entire ordeal). However, it now hurts from my knee through my ankle. But we walked a block, then ran the rest of the way home. I'll just try to elevate it and try again Monday or Tuesday (taking 1 or 2 days off).

We ended up with 5.55 miles.

Gotta run ...

No comments: