Saturday, November 7, 2009

Another weekend

It's another gorgeous Fall day. I have dishes, laundry, etc. to do, but I knew if I didn't go this morning I wouldn't get a run in today. Ares and I started out and it was a little chilly, with the wind blowing in our faces. As we progressed it warmed up, the sun was shining; it was a great day to be out and about. And, Ares didn't start out with a sprint like he did last Saturday so it was a little more enjoyable.

I felt pretty stiff for some reason. I am not able to motivate myself during the week to run, but I do take some brisk walks with Ares every day, so I don't know why I woke up feeling stiff. But off we went anyway, and by the time we got a mile into the run I felt pretty good. At about two miles my knee started hurting, and I realized I had neglected to wear my knee brace. So we backed off a bit and did slower running and some walking. We ended up with 4.3 miles. The Turkey Trot is in a few weeks, and it is 4 miles, so I figure as long as I can keep it up I'll be OK. I won't have my fastest Turkey Trot, but as long as I can finish I'll be satisfied.

I need to find a better way to motivate myself during the week. I get my running clothes out the night before. The cats have me up early to feed them, but then I go back to bed. Also, it seems like there is so much to do in the morning to get myself and everyone else off for the day. Maybe if I start considering it a chore or an obligation (but not in a bad way) I will start getting that morning run it. I walk Ares every morning, but usually that's after my shower and I let my hair dry naturally. If I convince myself that he really needs to run, maybe I'll get by with one less hour of sleep (although if I cut out too much more sleep I might as well stay awake all night).

Gotta run ...

No comments: