Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Wednesday Evening Run

It isn't working out too well running in the morning. I wake up early to feed the animals, but on these cool Fall mornings I crawl back into bed for another hour of sleep. So, after I got home from work I decided Ares and I needed to go for a run. We started off about 5:45. It was just starting to get dark.

We started out the Riverside loop and went out Jefferson almost to the high school. By that time, however, it was becoming quite dark. And I forgot my hat with lights. Rather than continue on further, we turned around and headed back towards town. Once Ares stopped and I tripped, but luckily I was able to regain my balance without falling down!

We then went back by Riverside Park and sprinted up the hill by the house. Instead of coming right back home, we extended our run and continued on to the video store and then back home. There were street lights so it was a decent route.

All and all it was a good run. We ended up with 4.6 miles. It is certainly a different feeling than a morning run. I feel stronger in the evening, but yet somehow not as energetic, if that makes any sense. We may start doing a few more of these. I imagine we will both sleep better. With this cooler weather, Ares has so much more energy. Hopefully an evening run will calm him down.

Gotta run ...

No comments: