Saturday, November 21, 2009

Herd of Deer? Of course I've heard of deer!

Sorry, that's an old joke. But, we did see a herd of deer this morning.

It is a nice Fall morning; the sun is shining and the wind is calm. It was a little chilly when we started out, but not bad for a mid-November day. We started down Riverside. I noticed Ares and I were both a little stiffer this morning. I think that is one advantage of the evening/nighttime runs; we aren't stiff from a night's sleep.

Anyway, it was such a nice day that we decided to do the Ginter Road route -- yes, we haven't done that one for a long time. Along the way we saw a couple of runners by Ranchland. We turned down Ginter, and just a little ways down I spotted the deer. Luckily, I saw them before Ares did. I was able to get a tighter grip on the leash. They didn't bound across the road. They just casually sauntered across into the field. They looked at us, and then continued on.

We saw one other runner on Ginter and a few dogs walking their owners, but that was it. All and all it was a good run. We are working our way towards that 6-mile mark again. Once we get there, we'll work on reducing the time again. There's hope for us yet! We ended up with 5.52 miles, and very little of it was walking.

Gotta run ...

No comments: