Thursday, November 19, 2009

Attitude is Everything

We managed another good evening run. Again I looked like a dork with my lighted hat and reflective straps. It was sprinkling when we started, and a little cool. In my head I was singing "running in the rain" to the tune of "Singing in the Rain" -- crazy, I know.

As we came to the end of Riverside, where it turns into Horace, we heard a commotion in the field. Ares pulled extremely hard on the leash. There in the field we could see the outline of several deer (it was pretty dark). I think we frightened them. I'm glad they didn't run out towards us.

We ran the extended Riverside loop, out to Ranchland and then took a detour down Rosewood Ave. to the new elementary school. By then the sprinkles had stopped and the air felt nice.

As far as attitude -- well, ever since I have decided I'm just going to have to live with my knee pain, it seems to be less. Maybe I'm just ignoring it more, or perhaps my brain is telling me to not feel the pain, or maybe it is better. I just hope it keeps up. I feel so much better when I run regularly.

We ended up with just over 5.25 miles.

Gotta run ...

No comments: