Saturday, December 5, 2009

Saturday Chilly Run

First of all, I finally did the smart thing and gave myself time to recover from a minor injury, keeping it from becoming a chronic issue. I took an entire week off after last Saturday's "almost" fall.

Today looked like a pleasant day -- partly sunny, a balmy 24 degrees. The windchill, however, made it feel more like 18 degrees. Of course that's nice weather for a husky. Ares was so excited to go for a run today. As we started off, there were some flurries, so he enjoyed trying to catch them.

We did the usual extended Jefferson/Ginter Road route. There were a few slippery spots where there had been standing water from the rain earlier in the week. We did not see any other runners out there. I was surprised that the only wildlife we saw were birds.

All in all it was a decent run. We ended up with 5.55 miles. I started out feeling cold, but ended up a little too warm! I am trying to do all my running outside this winter and today was a good start. It helps having a husky who needs to run. He's a good motivator.

Gotta run ...

No comments: