Sunday, December 27, 2009

Short Sunday Run

It's windy and seems a little cold today. I guess with a wind chill of about 17 degrees all but a husky would consider it cold! I didn't really feel like going for a run today, but I knew Ares needed one. So, off we went. He has really become accustomed to running in Riverside Park, so that's where we headed. It was icy on the way to the park, so I had to watch my footing very carefully.

There were several other dogs at the park. It's nice to see other dogs at the park, but I don't like that fact that so many of them aren't on leashes. One dog came up, with her owner, and introduced herself. She was an older dog that we have seen before. She was clearly under the control of her owner. But, as we were running around the park, there were two other loose dogs that came running out of the woods. It was a little unsettling so we ran (and I mean RAN) to the other side of the park. Before we got around again, their owner came out and walked them out of the park.

Anyway, we ended up with a very short run. We ran a bit over two times around the park and then back home. It was 2.90 miles, but I figure any run makes the day go better.

Gotta run ...

No comments: