Sunday, June 5, 2016

Week Three - and so it continues

I have finished week three of my training, and I missed one day.  I had TWO alarms set.  I accidentally turned off the first alarm.  I woke up about 1/2 hour before I was supposed to start work (luckily for me it was one of my "work from home" days).  That second alarm I set - well I set it to p.m. instead of a.m.  It's early in my training so missing one day isn't much of an issue. I ran an extra mile on Saturday and about an extra 1/2 mile on Sunday, just because it was nice outside.

This could be a tough week.  I'm going to attempt to work four 10-hours days.  It will be great to have Friday off - I can sleep in a little bit perhaps, and it's an additional day I can run outside.  It will be difficult getting used to the long days though.  I may be tired by the end of a day, especially since by the time I finish work, I will have been up for about 13 hours on the days I start with a run.  I have a few more weeks of Monday's off, so I can sleep in (until 4:30), and my plan never has a run on Wednesday, so it won't be too bad I suppose :)

I didn't get a good start on that nutrition yet.  This week it's a definite - with the long days, I will have to take food with me to eat.  I hope I have good things to report back next week.

I'd love to run outside every day, but evenings are just too busy, and a morning run makes my day much better.  I feel it inoculates me from the stresses of life (work, family, etc.), and helps me filter out what is and what is not important.  It's the best way to start the day!  I don't feel safe running outside as early as I must on the days I work.   I used to run with my dog, but his hips are too bad now for that.

If anyone is reading this, thanks!  If not, as I've repeatedly said, this is a good way for me to keep myself honest with my training, keeps me on track, etc.  I'll use it to post any issues I have as the tougher parts of the training begin!

No Excuses!


No comments: