Saturday, July 16, 2016

Week Nine - Keeping it going

Week nine - wow.  I've come this far without an injury, and I hope to keep it that way.  I accomplished all my scheduled runs this week, along with my cross-training/strength training. I seem to be running at a significantly slower pace, but that may be key to keeping injury-free.  Slow and steady finishes the race!

I have adjusted my schedule and I will see how it works.  Most weekends I prefer to do the long run on Saturday, and I had those scheduled for Sunday.  The change allows me to enjoy Saturday evenings without the the worry of what I'm eating and how that will affect the next day's run.  Also, usually the day after a long run (not the day of) I'm starving, and when I do my long runs on Sunday, I end up at work without enough to eat. Monday's are difficult enough without being continuously hungry! There may be a few Saturday's I'm unable to do that, but I'll adjust.  I've also added an occasional extra run in - it depends on how I feel.  I want to keep the enjoyment of running going, so if I feel like going for a run, I will.  And again, flexibility with my schedule is a key part of continued success.  I may have to switch up a few weeks due to family obligations, and that's OK.

This is a rather boring entry, but when things are going well, there's not much to say.  I did have one interesting run this week.  I knew the rain was coming, and I enjoy running in the rain.  The thunder was OK, too.  I was smart and, after my 3-mile loop, instead of doing a second one (I was aiming for 6 miles), I stayed in my neighborhood, running on every side street.  I was a block or so past my street and planning to run to the stop sign at the entrance to my subdivision.  As I said, thunder is OK.  Pouring rain is OK too, and it actually felt quite refreshing.  Then, there was lightening.  I don't do lightening!  I turned around and quickly ran back home.  I cut my run short by .4 of a mile, but safety is paramount!





No Excuses  / Gotta run

No comments: