Sunday, July 31, 2016

Week Eleven - Getting closer

Good or bad, the weeks are flying by this summer.  As I write this, it's hard to believe it's the last day of July.  My fall marathon is seven weeks away.  There is still plenty of time to train and to work on NOT getting injured.

This was a good week.  I was able to get my runs accomplished and my strength training, all on schedule, even though my daughter was visiting. The strength program continues to step it up with more difficult workouts, and I like the way it's causing me to work different areas.  I don't like doing evening runs because of the heat, but during the week I have no choice.  It was very hot when I did my nine mile run this week, and I was wearing new shoes.  Even though they are the exact same except in color as the other pair I started breaking in last week, they felt tight on one foot and I ended up with a blister on the bottom of my little toe.  Ouch!  I know sometimes different colors of the same shoe are slightly different, but this felt much tighter.  I believe, however, my feet were very swollen because of the heat or other issues.  I wore those shoes for my other runs this week, and by Saturday morning's run they felt fine.

That's it for this week. 


No Excuses  / Gotta run

No comments: