Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Changes and Baby Steps

There are so many changes going on right now. Today is the first day of school for Christopher, Kate, and Christian. Earl started back Monday at Oxford (he moved over a week ago). I now have to work from the office, which means driving to Archbold every day. Because of all of the things going on, I have changed my work schedule to 8:30 - 4:30 so I can be here in the morning to get everyone off to school. The good news about that is it should make it easier to get up an run in the morning. I would have to be out and about by 4 a.m. if I was on my old schedule. I think I will be able to start by 5 or 5:15 (when my mileage is back to where I want it and I'm running for about an hour) and get home to get my turn at the shower, and then still have time to peacefully help everyone get out the door in the morning!

Today I have a day off (I always take the day off the first day of school) so it's not a typical day, but still ...

Back to the running blog now. I am back to slowly building up mileage again. It is going to be a long process. Every time I increase, even just a little bit, health issues start getting in the way. So we are going to stick with between two and three miles for a bit and see what happens. I am taking Ares for a walk every evening, too, and we try to go for two miles, or close to it.

Ares and I got up and were off by 5:20 this morning. We ran the Riverside loop, with an additional small loop to get two sprints up the hill. We ended up with just over 2.4 miles (I accidentally turned off my Garmin so I don't have the exact mileage). The only wildlife we saw was a rabbit, but I think Ares caught the scent of a few along the way.

Gotta run ...

No comments: