Saturday, August 29, 2009

Saturday Morning Run

It's been another rough week, so Ares and I knew we needed a run this morning. It was a little cool, a little damp, but not a bad morning for a run.

We did the Riverside loop with a little extension out Jefferson, and of course we ended with a sprint up the hill by the house.

When we got to the end of Riverside Avenue, by Horace Street, we spotted two white tails bouncing in the field. It was two fawns (almost grown). I think it was the two we have seen several times this summer with their mother. Ares wanted to run after them, and he was upset when I wouldn't let him.

We ended up with 3.25 miles. I'm not building up my mileage like I wanted to, but at least I'm getting some runs in. And I've gotten some long walks in this week. One was without Ares -- I got parked in at the high school football game on Thursday night, and walked the 2+ miles home.

Gotta run ...

No comments: