Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Getting There

Some of my "issues" cropped up after running two days in a row last week, so I took a few days off. At least this time it's not injuries or muscle strains, so as soon as we get the other stuff figured out I'll be back to full speed.

Today Ares and I started off around 6:00 a.m. I was surprised at how dark it still was. Ares does NOT like the dark, so I had a hard time getting him started. Once we got going, though, he enjoyed himself. We saw one other runner, a few moths, and not much else.

We ran the Riverside loop with the sprint up the hill. Then I wanted to go just a bit further, so we went another block and then another sprint up the hill. We ended up with 2.75 miles. I'd like to get up to three this weekend, and then four, etc., but I have to watch how it affects things.

Gotta run ...

No comments: