Monday, July 6, 2009

Monday Morning Vacation Run

We are technically on vacation this week. For me, most of the week will be spent at home, doing the normal things, except I won't be working. Since I am home all week, I am going to try to get some more runs in. I didn't run yesterday due to family activities, so it begins today!

By the time I got some bills, laundry, dishes done, it was mid-morning. I got ready to run, and Ares was sleeping on the couch. I tried and tried, but he did not want to leave his comfortable spot. So, off I went by myself.

It was a fairly uneventful run. I went the back way to the high school, Riverside, up the hill by my house, and another short loop and run up the hill. I didn't see any wildlife to speak of, and no other runners/walkers/bicyclists. I think everyone must be on vacation this week, too.

I ended up with 5.2 miles. My goal for this week is to run at least 5 miles each run (I realize I may have to drop Ares off at home part-way through the run). Then next week, depending on how it goes, I'd like to increase to 5.5 miles or so. I may have to do two weeks at 5 miles before I do that. By the end of July I want to be back to my 6-mile runs, if my body holds up! I really want to run the Cleveland River Run 1/2 Marathon in September and actually be prepared this time.

Gotta run ...

No comments: