Saturday, July 18, 2009

Saturday Morning


My knee has been hurting all week, but I decided I need to start doing something. I've not been able to lose the weight I gained over the winter, and it's really starting to bother me. So, I'm going to try to run or run/walk every day -- the walks alone aren't doing enough.

It was a nice, cool morning. Ares and I started off at a slow run. We did an extended Riverside loop -- we went out Jefferson as far as Ranchland Hotel. Of course, we ended up with the sprint up the hill. Half-way up the hill a dog came out, so we were interrupted, but at least we made it. Ares was pulling quite a bit, so it was a tough sprint!

We did see some wildlife this morning -- a doe and her TWO fawns. I took a picture with my cell phone -- if you squint really hard and use your imagination, you might be able to pick out the doe.

All is all it was a nice run. My knee started to really hurt at around the 2-mile point. The problem was that at that point we were 2 miles from home, so we had to run back. I think we actually did more running than walking. I'm going to take some Advil and see if that helps the knee today. We ended up with 4.3 miles.

Gotta run ...

No comments: