Friday, July 10, 2009

OK Run

After yesterday's trip to Cleveland and Warped Tour, I really just wanted to sleep in today. But the dogs thought otherwise. So, once I was up, I figured I might as well go for a run. Ares didn't get a walk or run in yesterday, so I knew he needed to get out and about.

It was a beautiful, cool morning. We started out the back way to the high school. Ares decided partway through that he didn't want to cooperate -- he didn't want to run, didn't want to walk, he just wanted to meander along and sniff. He was pulling too much, also, and my arm started to hurt. I decided to shorten the run (not go all the way to the high school) and see if we could even make it home without calling someone to pick him up.

Well, we got just past where we would turn to go by the high school, and along comes one of the girls cross-country team members. Ares decided to pick up the pace and follow her. I had no choice but to go along with it. There was one bad point where, at the last minute, he decided to go on the OTHER side of the pole (and I have the scrapes to show for it), but for the most part it was a good sprint. We probably followed Lena for 3/4 of a mile or so, until she went straight and we went the Riverside loop. By then Ares was pretty tired (he's never run that fast) so we finished up with the hill by the house.

All in all it was better than I thought it would be. We only went 3.7 miles, but considering the fact neither one of us felt like running, it was a good run. Maybe I'll go for another run this evening (after the zoo trip), maybe not. I think some time this weekend I will take a short run with Ares, drop him off at home, and go off by myself. It depends on how I feel and the weather!

Gotta run ...

No comments: