Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Somewhat Wet Wednesday Morning Run

I was a bit upset about some things from work yesterday, so I NEEDED to run today. I got up and off Ares and I went. It felt very humid when we started out. We got about two blocks down the street and it started raining -- hard. But it was just rain, no thunder or lightening. I was hoping it would keep raining and just slow down a bit. After about 1/2 mile, it stopped -- it didn't even look like it had rained some places where we ran! So of course the humidity felt even higher.

It wasn't a bad run. We did the extended Riverside loop out to Ranchland and back, with the usual sprint up the hill. It was dark when we started out, so if there was any wildlife at the beginning of the run we didn't see it. We saw a few stray cats lingering under some trees.

When we got back, Ares was quite muddy from the run (since on the way back we passed through the area where it had rained so heavily earlier). He enjoyed being rubbed down with a towel, and now he is sleeping. He's been very rambunctious lately, so I hope this wears him out for most of the day. We ended up with 4.6 miles. It wasn't the 5 miles I was hoping for, but we ran out of time as I needed to take a quick shower before starting work at 7:00 a.m. At least it was something. And, my knee feels pretty good right now.

Gotta run ...

No comments: