Sunday, July 19, 2009

Sunday Noon Run

I had a lot of things going on this morning, so I wasn't able to get out until around noon. It is a fairly cool day, especially for mid-July, so it wasn't too bad. It was not quite 70 degrees out!

We did the Riverside "extended" loop. We went a little further today. Once we got by the Ranchland area, we took one road left and went to the entrance of the new elementary building. Then we headed home. After the sprint up the hill (with me PULLING Ares), we crossed 5th and went just a bit further as I was aiming for a specific mileage amount.

I took the water bottle for Ares, so he did better this time. He finished 1/2 of it after one mile! We refilled it at Riverside Park. He also got a sprinkle of water when we ran by Kircher's Florest, as they were watering their plants.

My knee pain didn't start until around three miles, so I think it's better. Either that, or I'm just getting more tolerant of the pain. It felt harder to run today. I'm not sure if that was because I ran yesterday and it's been a while since I've done two days in a row, the fact that it was an afternoon run when I'm more tired anyway, or a combination. But, we finished, we did a combination of walking and running, so that's OK. We ended up with 5.10 miles. I used to be able to run 6 in the time I finish 5 now, but at least I'm trying. I want to sign up for a 1/2 marathon in mid-September,so I've got almost 2 months to get back into some sort of shape. I have a plan, and we'll see if it works!

Gotta run ...

No comments: