Monday, June 23, 2008

Afternoon Run

Since I didn't feel prepared for the last race, I'm trying to run at least a little bit almost every day before the next race.

Today I took off shortly after 4:00. It started out as a wonderful run -- it was raining, and I love to run in the rain. Alas, the rain only lasted about a mile into the run, and then it was just humid again.

I started out my usual "back road" route to the high school. There was some road construction, so I had to take the detour and ended up running on 15 a little bit. Then I was able to deviate back to my normal route, and then the Ginter Road loop.

It did turn out to be a nice run, despite the humidity. There were hardly any insects out (unlike my nighttime runs), and I saw quite a bit of wildlife. I saw a few herd of deer, and the usual rabbits, birds, etc.

I ended up with about 6.18 mile -- not bad for what started out as a short run.

I am out of town tomorrow, so I probably won't get a run in. You never know, though!

No comments: