Thursday, June 12, 2008

Early Morning Run

I haven't been on an early morning run in a while. I've forgotten how much I like them.

Today I took off around 5:30 a.m. The sun was just starting to come up. As I ran on the bridge across the river, I saw the sunrise reflecting in the water. What a peaceful sight!

I ran to Lowe's (actually to the store - through the parking lot), then back through town, and the "extended" Riverside loop. When I started it was quiet with few cars. By the time I was running back through downtown, the traffic had picked up quite a bit. Once I got on the Riverside loop, though, their was no traffic and I was able to enjoy the sites and sounds of nature (well, I still had my ipod, but it was turned down).

I think I am getting faster. I have not been doing my usual training plan. I have just been running -- to have fun, relax, and keep in shape. I am participating in a race in about 1-1/2 weeks, so I'm curious to see how my time is.

Time to work! What a great way to start the day -- with a 6.67 mile run.

No comments: