Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Crazy

Tonight was a crazy night for run. I decided to take a chance, even though the radar showed rain coming. Earlier my daughter and I went for a walk and got caught in a heavy downpour.

I took off and it almost started to rain. But, alas, no. It was so humid that barely a mile into my run I was soaking wet. I had to run at a slower pace. I was looking forward to some good rain, but it never came.

But, there were good things about the run. I saw several deer along the way. One was so close that I could almost reach out and touch it. When I went past Riverside Park, I could see the steam rising from the grass. It was a beautiful night. Despite the humidity, I got in just over 6 miles.

I had to edit this. As I was doing today's run (6/28) I realized I had forgotten something. On this nighttime run, something really strange happened -- I was hit with a hula hoop! Some children were playing with one and it got away from them. I just laughed -- it didn't hurt and it was funny.

No comments: