Friday, June 20, 2008

I'm a little behind -- 2 runs

I've been so busy that I am behind on these postings.

On Sunday morning (June 15) I went for a nice 7.35 mile run. I was in the midst of a stressful, extremely busy weekend, so I really needed the run. I don't remember a lot about it, but it was a beautiful morning, and perfect weather for running. Oh, I do remember getting at the furthest point away from home, and my legs started going numb (something new for me). As it was Father's Day, I didn't want to call and wake up my husband, so I walked for a while until I felt better. I had spent the better part of the weekend sitting in an auditorium, so that was probably what caused the issues. I was able to finish the run without any more problems.

I went for another run last evening (June 19). It was nice and cool, and still light enough to run. I don't like to run alone in the evening/nighttime, so one of my daughter's friends ran with me. There was a lot of wildlife around. We scared a rabbit or two on the run. And, as we were crossing the bridge on Jefferson (crossing the river) we saw some deer. One was a mother and a fairly young fawn. It was another good run, and I ended up with 7 miles.

I keep track of my pace with my Garmin, and I am getting faster, or so it seems. I am running a 5K tomorrow, and I'm curious how I do compared to last year. I don't feel as prepared, however, so we'll see how it goes. The real reason I am running it is for charity. This is the Bullfrog 5K run/walk in Fulton County, and the proceeds benefit Mennonite Central Committee and Sunshine Inc. of Northwest Ohio. My oldest daughter has been part of the Sunshine family for almost 30 years, so this is a good charity.

I'll try to post tomorrow as soon as I get home from the race -- good or not so good results!

No comments: