Monday, June 9, 2008

Peaceful Nighttime Run

Tonight was a very peaceful nighttime run. Of course, runs that end close to midnight tend to be quieter.

We've had several stormy days here in Northwest Ohio. There was another storm late this evening. Once the storm passed, the weather turned a little cooler. I decided to go for a run because I know I won't have time tomorrow.

I ran through the back streets to the library and then to the mall. I ran through town on the way back, and decided to finish with the Riverside loop, even though it was very dark! I tripped over fallen branches twice, but managed to keep from falling to the ground.

It was so quiet tonight. I was able to gather my thoughts together and get rid of some of the stress I'm feeling today. There were very few insects, because the city mosquito sprayer was out earlier in the evening. The main roads did not have much traffic. I was hoping to see some wildlife, but I wasn't that lucky tonight. All in all, it was a great run and I wish I could have gone longer. Sometime I'd like to get one of my running partners to go for a late night, long run.

I ended up with 5.36 miles. Not bad for running in the darkness.

Time to sleep.

No comments: