Sunday, June 29, 2008

Sunburn hurts

Yesterday we spent the entire day at a soccer field. I had sunscreen on, but the torrential morning rains must have washed it off. The afternoon was bright and sunny. I didn't realize until last night how sunburned the tops of my legs were.

I decided to go for a run this evening. I forgot about the sunburn, and wore capri-length running pants. Ouch! I usually warm up with a walk, so it didn't hurt at first. As soon as I started running I could feel it. The smart thing would have been to turn around and not run, or change into shorts. But, once I've gotten started, I don't like to stop. So, off I went.

Other than the pain from the pants rubbing my sunburn, it was a relatively good run. It was a little warm, but the evening air cooled as the run continued. I saw some deer feeding in the fields; that is always a peaceful sight. I ended up with just over 5.5 miles. I hope the sunburn is better before my next run.

No comments: