Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Early Morning Run

Ares and I managed to get up this morning for an early morning run. As usual, I almost didn't -- I wanted to sleep in. But Ares was scratching at my door since he was hungry, so I had to get up.

It was a fairly nice run. A few times Ares took off after squirrels and I had to pull him back, so it hurt my arm a bit. As we were getting ready to to cross the Jefferson Street Bridge, we saw a deer just peaking out of the woods. I tried to take a picture, but it went back into the woods before I got my camera phone ready.

We didn't see a singe loose dog today!

Ares was dragging at the beginning, so I thought our time would be pretty bad. It wasn't the best, but we went just a bit further than we did on Sunday in a little less time. Now I'm tired, but I need to start my work day. Ares gets to sleep.

Edited 6/14/2009 -- I realized I forgot to put the mileage. We ended up with 4.20 miles.

Gotta run ...

No comments: