Sunday, June 21, 2009

Sunday post race run -- HOT

I tried to take the dog for a run today. Even though yesterday's race was only a 5k, I did push it a bit given my current state of training.

It was hot and humid, and it was only 9 a.m. or so when we went for our run/walk. I had plenty of water for Ares. We started out the Riverside loop and we went out Jefferson. We were just past the nursing home when Ares started sniffing at the side of the road. And then I smelled it. And insisted we turn around before Ares decided to hunt down the black and white "kitty" that was making the smell. I didn't see it, but I'm sure it was close!

We probably did more walking than running. My ankle started to hurt, so I didn't want to push it. We ended up with only 3.6 miles, but I may go for another short run this evening, sans dog! Then again, I may not :)

Gotta run ...

No comments: