Thursday, June 25, 2009

Hot, Humid morning run

I went for a run at 5:15 this morning. And I took Ares with me.

It was reasonably cool when we started -- in the 70's (that's not really cool for 5 in the morning). We went the extended Riverside loop out to the high school and back, with the standard finish up the hill by my house. We spent more time running than Ares wanted, less time than I wanted. But, it still was a decent run.

We didn't see any wildlife during the run. I'm not sure if it's because I have the dog with me, or today because of the heat. I didn't see any other runners/walkers either, and usually in my morning runs I see at least one or two.

My ankle seems OK. I didn't run after Sunday because it did start to hurt quite a bit. Even yesterday it hurt when I started to think about a run (so I didn't go). I have been trying to walk a lot, however, so at least that helps my ankle and keeps me from getting too far out of shape. Now if I could just lose those 10 extra pounds and increase by 1-2 days and a mile each run, I'd feel almost as good as I did last summer.

We ended up with 4.52 miles, and it was so hot and humid at the end that my glasses were all steamed up.

Gotta run ...

No comments: