Sunday, June 7, 2009

Sunday Morning Run

Today was a good day to run. It was in the lower 60's when I got up. Ares and I decided to increase our mileage a bit today. We started out with the normal Riverside loop, but added a jaunt across the Jefferson Street Bridge, almost to the high school. And we always do the sprint up the hill by my house towards the end of the run.

As we passed the nursing home, a person came out and told us there was a car break-in earlier and to be on the lookout for a black purse (the police caught the kids, but a purse was still missing). Ares was in bloodhound mode after that -- sniffing at everything that looked different. We did not find the purse. But, Ares ended up with a face full of yellow pollen!

The nice thing about running out on Jefferson is there are no loose dogs (not yet, anyway). There sometimes is wildlife to distract us, but today all we saw were squirrels and birds.

It was a good run/walk and I feel better, and ready to face the day. I was worried about my knee after Friday's run, but it was OK today. I think the gradual increase in running, and not running every day, is helping me to heal and not get re-injured.

All in all it was a good run/walk. We ended up with 4.1 miles. Ares will probably spend the day sleeping :)

Gotta run ...

No comments: